First Responder Spill Training
Providing the necessary equipment to tackle emergency pollution incidents is important, but if no one on the site knows how to use the equipment correctly, then uncontrolled spills of fluids, oils and chemicals may still cause extensive environmental damage leading to substantial fines.
We are accredited members of the British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF) and can provide the essential training you need to ensure that your staff have the confidence and ability to safely plan and implement emergency spill control.
The theoretical and practical course covers:
- Key legislation covering the storage, movement and control of liquids in the workplace.
- Potential penalties for non compliance.
- Disposal of contaminated materials.
- Businesses obligations to prevent possible spillages.
- Types of sorbent and absorbent products available, their uses and why they are different.
- How to use drain and site maps to protect them.
- Key actions to stop, contain, and clean up in the event of a spill.
- The use of spill control products through a practical mock scenario.
To find out more about how we can help keep you compliant with the
Call us on 029 2080 9090